1.Types of paint sprayers
Three different types of paint sprayers are available in the market.
- Conventional paint sprayers: Conventional paint sprayers use compressed air to provide a smooth finish. Some models come with air compressor while others don’t have a built-in air compressor but you can hook an external compressor. These paint sprayers can be tricky to learn but once you learn to use them, you will love customization and control you can have these sprayers. The only bad thing about these sprayers is that you can only get around 30% transfer rate. The remaining 70% paint is wasted.
- High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) paint sprayers: HVLP paint sprayers makes use of a higher volume of air at lower pressure compared to conventional paint sprayers and therefore reduces amount of wasted paint. As a result, you can get around 80% transfer rate. These sprayers are also known for their smooth and fine finish due to high air volume. These sprayers are perfect for anyone working on projects that involve precision and detail work. However, these sprayers are slow and can become inefficient when working on a major project such as painting a large room or a large fence.
- Airless paint sprayers: Airless paint sprayers are perfect for large projects as they can spray fast and you won’t require painting a top layer. This means you can finish a project quickly but you will sacrifice fine finish and smooth top layer. These sprayers create a uniform thick layer of paint. Majority of airless paint sprayers are powered by an electric motor but some models are gas-powered while others are air-powered. One of the best airless paint sprayer is graco magnum x7.
2. Advantages of using a paint sprayer
Paint sprayers are typically preferred to paintbrush and roller because of their speed and accessibility. Modern-day paint sprayers offers an even finish with around 80% paint transfer rate. There are tons of different varieties based on size, shape and features.
Speed – Never worry about large projects again
One of the major reason why paint sprayers exit today is the speed at which they paint. Painting with a sprayer can be up to 8 times faster compared to painting with brush whereas it is around 4 times faster compared to a roller. This can be a very handy especially when you are painting a large project.
Accessibility – Paint anywhere you want
A paint sprayer is a great tool for painting areas that are difficult to reach with a roller or a paint brush. The sprayer emits tiny particles of paint that reach every creek and nook. Sprayers also beat roller down when it comes to painting the corners as roller can’t reach the corners.
Smooth and even coating of paint for a perfect finish
Paint sprayers offer a smooth finish as paint sprinkles out of nozzle and sets evenly on the surface. The fine mist of paint results in a finish that you can’t get with a roller unless you have spent your life learning to master roller painting. Because of an even final finish, paint sprayers are preferred for small and large painting projects by most DIYers as well as professional painting contractors.
Enjoy the variety with modern-day sprayers
Modern-day paint sprayers come in a variety of sizes. You can choose a sprayer according to your needs. If you are a professional painter, you might want to choose a big sprayer with a lot of paint storage. A best airless paint sprayer will do the work. But if you are buying a paint sprayer for renovating your home furniture, windows and doors, you may pick a small sprayer with focus on achieving an even finish. There are models that will let you paint different materials and not just stain or paint. Similarly, you can find models that let you paint different thickness by simply controlling a knob. You can find cordless, electric and gas powered paint sprayers and choose the one that suits you the best.
3.Top 3 paint sprayers in the market
These paint sprayer below are consider the best paint sprayer of Wagner brand
Wagner PaintReady System is one of the best sprayer you can get. It consumes 540 watts of power and costs around $150. The sprayer comes with a separate turbine and hose. You can assemble them together and attach a front-end of your choice. The PaintReady system comes with two different front-ends, one for thick materials while the other one for thin materials.
- Professional-grade sprayer
- Unbeatable price for a professional-grade sprayer
- Separate turbine and hose
- Two different front-ends for thinned and un-thinned materials
- Offers a lot of power
WAGNER Control Spray Double Duty 0518050
This sprayer costs around $100 and offers excellent features for a consumer-grade sprayer. It is a High Volume Low Pressure (HLVP) sprayer that comes with a built-in turbine. It is easy to move around and carry even for longer times. The double-duty motor can be a great asset for larger projects. The sprayer is to be used with thinned material only. With price around $100, you can’t probably get a better double-duty HVLP paint sprayer.
- Great for small and large projects
- Easy to carry and use
- Unbeatable price
- Double-duty motor
- Powerful built-in turbine
- For use with thinned material only
WAGNER PaintReady Sprayer 0529002
This sprayer costs around $100 and can be used with un-thinned paint. Since this sprayer uses un-thinned latex paint, the spray particles aren’t always as fine as you get with a traditional thinned-paint sprayer. The result is a textured finish instead of a fine and even finish. This sprayer is perfect for both interior and exterior projects due to small build and fast painting. However, if you need to achieve a fine finish, you can’t trust Wagner PaintReady Sprayer 0529002.
- Textured finish
- Can be used with un-thinned materials
- Fast and reliable sprayer
- Easy to use
- Unbeatable price
- Not to be used for spraying woodwork
But I think the best one is wager flexio 590. If you’re interest in this product, go search for Wagner Flexio 590 Reviews on the Internet and enjoy reading.